Tuesday 29 May 2007



THIS IS NOT A CUSHION, it's a pencil drawing of a piece of paper stck on a door.

Some people seem to think that art should always and only be about pretty things like flowers and country scenes etc, and while there is nothing wrong with pretty things, there is more out there that is of interest and I think an artist can find interest, if not beauty in all kinds of subjects.

A couple of times people have commented on my choice of subject, (which is hardly radical; it must be said!)
One fellow said:' You're weird; you are' another asked if I was desperate for subjects (I was drawing a scarf)

HEy you people: open yer eyes to the plethora of possibilities all around you and put those post cards and calendars away; at least for a while!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Dave I think your drawing is absolutely great. I thought it looked so real I had to look at it enlarged. Even then it was still hard to tell it had been drawn. I agree it is good to draw 'anything' and as you know I don't draw 'pretty things'...... I am definately going to paint 'rougher' at my next class which I assume is a week on Saturday. Can you confirm please.

Tania said...

Dave I agree with Kathy. Your drawing is fantastic.
Tania