Saturday 12 May 2007


well. I'm knackered! 1000 St Mary's Islands; whose idea was this? I was panicking a little when on my first countup on this, the concluding day, I only got 760 but then I found a big pile on a table and other folk were sticking further pistures onto card and I stopped counting at 1050, so we did it! Obviously the constraints of time: 1000 pictures in 4 weeks, mean that some are quite sketchy but there are a surprising number of very well painted paintings as well as humour, quirky views, novel views and good use of a variety of media. Some of the participants are displaying their art for the very first time.
Some of the results (there are too many to display all except at the Linskill centre) will be on display at Whitley Bay library from Monday and some at the lighthouse visitors centre from thursday. If you think you've seen it all regarding depictions of this landmark have a look and see if we haven't found something new.
I went down again to the island on my bike this morning and did a quick sketch bnut further on I descovered I'd lost my sketchbook, sad.
Still it may turn up.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great effort Dave. We enjoyed looking at all the paintings and were really impressed at the ingenuity of some of them.