Wednesday 2 May 2007
















another day another posting, yesterday I realised that I was thinking that my blog had to always be about art but unless I have missed something it can be about anything so today I am going to list a few of my favorite guitar solos along with the question which has occasionally exercised my waking mind: do women 'get' guitar solos?


Anyway here are some of the best:





Hotel California, 2 guitarists I think one being Joe Walsh not sure who does the first part


I'm Mandy Fly Me (10cc) another two person solo first part possibly Creme the 2nd Graham someone (I'm not good at names)


Since I've been Loving You Jimmy Page


All Along the Watchtower Hendrix


Baker Street who did this brilliant solo?


The battling guitars at the end of Abbey Road, Lennon, Mcartney and Harrison I believe


Since We've ended as Lovers Jeff Beck


Let's Work Together- canned heat that bloke who died in his sleeping bag I think


David Bainbridge in Ionna- that long track on journey into the morn,, one of the few albums my wife, Heather also likes but when the solos start I think its the best bit and she doesn't!


Clapton probably in Badge, though he has a few good moments.


who else, can't think just now so I will attach a painitng instead.


so long folks!

1 comment:

Ian Dyer said...

Nope, women don't get guitar solos.
You've missed some classics, I think. I'll have a ponder and make some suggestions