Saturday 26 May 2007

Copious Snot; could be the name of a caracter of a Dickens novel but it is in fact the aftermath of my 'flu-like virus' 4 hankies per day where does it all come from?

anyway enough about mucus, on to my current painting which I thoughtg I'd chronicle, a la: 'diary of a nobody'

I started with a thin stain of brown with plenty of turps and rubbed out light areas with a rag (or was it my hanky? no; it was a rag.


step 2 paint in dark folds and begin to paint thicker light paint for light bits (obviously!)















step three had a brainstorm and decided it needed
more blue, repainted with ultramarine















next day think.. this is a bit rubbish so find a rusty ols pallette knife and scrape first the knife then the painting













for some reasonm this posting will not allow anothe picture so I will have to end on a clifhanger.. and then..................

No comments: