Tuesday 29 January 2008

I have a little commision to paint a local beach scene I'm struggling! I've started about 6 versions but amn't satisfied, the first is an attempt at a traditional watercolour the second domne quicly and without drawing an attempt at a freeer (how many eeee's in freer?) appraoch I might give it one more go from a different position, church closer up, less sky, we'll see.

a man walks into a bar..........ouch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyLEa-EtlNg this is a band I like, and a song by the ex bassist from Free who seemed to disappear. Vinegar Joe had not one but two great singers although Elkie Brooks move to middle of the road didn't do her voice justice in my 'umble opinion

1 comment:

laura said...

the reflections in the shallow water are wonderful. I live at the shore and have attempted this many times myself; never so convincingly!