Wednesday 2 January 2008

feeling a little bad about how little art is getting on this 'art blog' (hey little Art: getoff!) still, I am on holiday and have (temporrarily) lost the will to create so I'm (mm why has this gone blue? what have I touched????

I'm putting some older stuff one, it may or may not have appeared in earlier postings but is the simpsons and scrubs can do repeats than so can I !!!! this represents a happier time in my painting I had just got back into oil painting and had a good stretch of painting one a week, every saturday moring 2 -3 hours and managed to keep it up for about 13 weeks producing 12" square paintings of simple still lives. I did a few pebble pictures and it was fun going out collecting pebbles, for one I (this blueness is irritating) oh: it's gone how did it arrive and how did it disarrive?

I went to South Shields and collected black pebbles for this one I collected mostly whitish ones. It was a good time. this is one of a short series of ivy paintings in watercolour I really love variegated ivy and found it quite challenging to paint.

No comments: