Sunday 28 October 2007



my mind drifted briefly in church today, for some reason I started to think about anthropomorphic stories, if that is the right word for animal tales which really seem to tell human stories, eg Wind in the willows which I much prefer before toad makes an appearence but if I am right in thiinking although it is about a waterrat, a mole and a badger, it is really about human behaviour and characters, then toad tells us that as well as being capable of being saints and devils, people are capable of being clowns too.


Anyway to get to the point I thought no one seems to write stroies from the viewpoint of slugs, do they... moles,(Duncton wood) rabbits (Watership Down) Whales (Whale) etc, but not about slugs, perhaps there is a fundamental sympathy problem.



In a hole lived a slug, not a nasty dry clean dry hole, but a lovely damp, dark smelly hole. It wasn't much but it was home to sluggy. Sluggy was black and of course , slimy. His mname was sluggy as already mentioned. Now one day sluggy had an adventure; he got eaten.

the end.


mmm. not bad but I think the end needs work, also the beginning ... and perhaps the middle...


here is a phot of a nice rainbow from this morning there was actually a double one but I was in a hurry (going to church) and just managed to snap this just before it faded away, coming right down to the beach. Also one of the drawings from Angel, I am afraid he looks like a flasher from this angle.




I went to Souter lighthouse yesterday on my bike and deliberately left my camera at home and took my sketchpad, did 4 drawings so felt quite pleased with myself. Sold a painting throught the week (have I mentioned this?) which always cheers one up briefly.

talking about cheerfulness:

man to another man: 'what are you smiling about?'

other man: 'I've just got a happy feeling'

man: ' don't worry; it will soon wear off.'

other man'?????????'

No comments: