Thursday 18 October 2007

its funny how being up before the sun makes me feel almost virtuous, whereas of course it isn't not unless I'm doing something virtuous like saying my prayers or washing last night's dishes or cleaning the cat's box.

Nevertheless It felt good to be out and about on my bike this morning, Just south of my house; a beautiful arrangement of planet and two stars, then along the riverside and then to Whitley Bay in time to see the sun break through the clouds over the sea.



I think I've been putting too many photo's on the blog, so here are some drawings and paintings,





One of a series of Holy Islands I'm busy on; a watercolour of a butterfly cutout, ( painted to look cut out rather than actually cut out you understand (trompe l'eoile or something- can never spell or pronounce it; it means a picture to fool the eye(I think))

a drawing of some boxes with perspective errors, and a still life of bottles done this tuesday evening.


Not necessarily in that order and the still life a little wonky.












































I leaned a new phrase yesterday: anticrepuscular rays. These will be our only defense if Mars Attacks!

No comments: