Monday 8 October 2007

here's a few more pictures, my camera seems to have lost zoom but still got a few nice pictures at the weekend. Lovely sun. and water too!
the drawing is a bit blurry due to photographing by dim light.

I don't know if it's just 'cause I'm
noticing them but there seem to be a lot more crows around, come the evening and the chimneys and rooftops around where I live are practically colonised by them. I remember being told that unlike rooks, crows are solitary creatures: not the ones around here. Anyway; here is a crow on the rocks at the river across from the Groyne in South Shields which I think is an interesting building especially with sun on or mist about it. The phot with sun on the water is for Tania because she likes the sun sparkling on water(don't we all?)


the top photo cost me a tumble in a tangle of weeds as I tried to find a new view of the familiar tyne landscape. I think it was worth it.

2 comments:

Tania said...

Wow, the picture of an eye is spooky, but very well drawn indeed.
The photos of sun light on the water is amazing, thank you Dave. It is really what I like to look at and to paint. Are you going to paint it next Tuesday? I hope so..

dave said...

not sure, but thanks for nice comments.