Tuesday 24 March 2009

a littelbit out of focus I think unless it is my eyes.
I have been reading Crow Country by Mark Cocker, interesting but not compelling, some nice writing though and it makes me notice crows and rooks a bit more.


in the last chapter (or is the penultimate chapter, can't remember) he looks at the issue of people thinking a person who is devoted to an unusual single issue, like crows for example, is 'sad'.


He asks: 'Why is it that people who are absorbed by something are seen as sad? What strange presumption fortifies the unengaged and the dispassionate to express this scorn for the enthusiast? good questions nicely put I thought


Add to that one of my most disliked phrases is 'Get a life!' also: 'cheer up' who ever, feeling downcast, cheered up on being told to do so by some stranger?


the responses to both are unsuitable for family reading.

No comments: