Saturday 8 December 2007

probably posted the first of these already but if Scrubs can show repeats and still be more funny than most else on tv why can't I do some blog repeats, the other I think I haven't put on, a common but all my own picture of Holy Island, now if that little boat was just a little to the right.

well is there anybody out there? and does it really matter? (I'm having a bit of a negative existential moment- whatever that is!; bit of a: what's the point of painting? and while I'm at it what's the point of anything (could just be the cold germs talking))
Anyway went to town; North Shields that is, Not Newcastle which although many people mean there when they go to town, it is of course a city, North Shields however is a town and thence I went. iT IS THE cHRISTMAS vICTORIAN market thing, there were Morris dancers and I couldn't help thinking is there anything less rock and roll then mORRIS DANCERS? then turning into the shopping precinct Salvation army dudes playing a particularly mournful hymn, there i HAD MY ANSWER.
Not that I have anything against either in fact with today's obsession with being and looking (or being thought to look or be)Cool both groups are in fact kind of rebels, they don't give a monkey's nuts for being cool so there!good on them, although I prefer hymns that are less mournful myself, Charles Wesley there was a man who could write Hymns, also William Cooper and John Newton.
Bought a coat: am I really EXTRA LARGE? I like to think I am about average for a man who likes to eat cakes!

1 comment:

Dave Middleton said...

Nice pics, Dave, far too good to paint. What are the new paints - oil / acrylic / w/c ? Dave M.