Thursday 27 December 2007

ARTS MUTABLE ONTOLOGIES

really just a dauble done to amuse myself without much thought or effort, nice paper though: Sanderson Waterford or sandyford waterman or something like that.a photo with my new camera.

I used to keep art quotes that took my fancy but I think I lost them, This one (ARTS MUTABLE ONTOLOGIES) has stayed in my mind although I can't remember where it came from. I sometimes think the less art says the more has to be said about it, but I could be wrong, still sometimes I wonder about the stuff said or written about art, especially when literal or literary titles are given to abstract work: a big green puddle of paint with a dab of red may be called St Paul after his visit to the barber . Today I was reading some stuff about current exhibitions and one item was about an artist whose representational work I admire but who often does (to me ) very obscure and difficult abstraction: 'he continues to employ the use of light, atmosphere and psycological narrative as a means of engagement' whaaaaat?????? mind: that does sound good; I myself shall continue to employ paint, brushes and various degrees of skill and/or otherwise to depict the fundamental (mental?)human condition as well as paint some very very mediocre pictures.
Just read Eric Clapton's autobiography, 2/3 of it he seems a bit of a prat but then he grows in the end and seems to end up a nice bloke (with a yaght, yot?) was never much of a fan but he has produces some reasonable stuff, he does talk a bit about the spirituality of music and I have always had some difficulty in accepting any art as being intrinsically spiritual, art can easily be as much about self ptomotion and plain ego tripping as anything elevated in spiritual terms, but that's just my opinion, but Ive read a few biographies of artists and they sometimes come across as rather empty people again just my opini-onion and my own 'art' seems fairly chaffish (is that even a word?) to me.

No comments: