Sunday 9 September 2007

/?????????????



this is the photo I meant to upload last time its been fiddled with. I like it.

I also had a picture of a sheep looking quizzical fro yesterday at the lake district where I went for a walk and kna.. properly tired myself out.
But I presses a key and lost that picture, I may try and find it again.


The painting is an old one and is a daylight version of the Indigo painting I exhibited recently. The dark one is better by far.


Anyway for some reason on the way back (possibly delirious from exhaustion) I was thinking about the usage of the word 'bugger'
I don't know if it is universal or a regional thing.

It comes from an abusive use of a derivation of Bulgarian.

Bugger! (I have hit my thumb with a hammer and it hurts somewhat.)
Bugger Bugger Bugger !!( I hit my thumb for a second time and it really hurts)
It's a bugger (this task is hard.)
Bugger it! (this task is too difficult: I shall desist.)
He's a bugger (he's a character; a lovable rogue.)
Bugger me! (dear me! I am astonished.)
This is buggered! (this item is completely broken) not to be confused with knackered- mostly broken.
Bugger off (needs no explanation.)
The wonders of the English language -I'll be buggered if I can understand it! it's a bugger!!!

Someone asked why I didn't include my email in blog, well I didn't want irate readers (any one of 3 I suspect0 to shower me with complaints but I shall give it a try you have to go to full profile and its somewhere there. I know some find the comments difficult to work or something.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I like this one better than the black one although you say it is indigo... it looks black to me.... It's a bugger isn't it?