Wednesday 4 July 2007




Both a bit unfinished, folds, oil, landscape acrylic.

not at all feeling witty today, been awake since 5, got up at 5.45, had a brief quiet time, went for an hour and a half bike ride took some photos of poppies. Got cold (this was before the sun came out.)

sold a painting this week which always cheers one up.

well, still not wit or wisdom so that all for now, except to say I can't stand the word serendipity and think anyone who uses it should be exiled to a lonely island where they cannot bother the rest of us. They may take a dictionary and a tape recorder in order to converse with themselves until the batteries run out.

bought crest of a knave, by Jethro tull this week off ebay, one of my favorite songs is on it: she said she was a dancer about a bloke trying to chat up a woman at a bar in Moscow.

it concludes with the memorable lines:

I so I stole one kiss. It was a near miss.

She looked at me like I was Jack the Ripper.

She leaned in close. 'goodnight' was all she said.

So I took myself off to bed.

which despite the poor grammer, surely a few colons or semi colons would be nice: however a great lyric, nobody could deny.

weel I said I was going..........................................................

No comments: