Monday 9 July 2007


well, the brief flirtation with fame is over, last 2 postings :no comments! I thought I'd peaked at 4 comments one time then made the humbling discovery that 2 of those were my responses to 2 comments.


but on to the business of blogging, and the discovery of the day is that it is very difficult to get a fly out of your eye using your knuckles.


And the day began so well, the sun was shining, a nice bike ride along the coast, then the short series of unfortunate events began with a tangled bicycle chain and thence very oily black hands, but after a little wrestling with dirty metal, off again to Cullercoats where I wanted to see if anything was visible south of Marsden (not todAY)


then a close encounter with a kamikaze fly (they always target eyes or mouth!) hence the dilemma, how to get a fly out the eye with knuckles for if I used my fingers I would surely end up looking like Alice Cooper.


Later a second fly flew in my mouth: ah, the joys of a summer morning.
the painting is an attempt at pointillism in acrylic. A view from the Quarry in Whitley Bay

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Well Dave at least the fly had 'taste' choosing your eye and mouth.... although I don't know if you enjoyed the 'taste' of the fly!!!! See you Saturday and looking forward to the day.

John Dyer said...

Here's a comment for you Dave to help you back on the road to fame. Loved the Alice Cooper line, had an instant mental image, ha ha! (Mmmmm, feel a cartoon coming on). Anyway...'NICE' painting!

Ian Dyer said...

Nice exercise in Pointillism. It was quite apt as when I was looking at it I was just in the middle of a work-related exercise in Pointlessness.