Monday 16 July 2007



Well, our big picture was done on saturday and a marvelous time was had by all.
about 53 artists from 9 classes painted Seurat's la Grande Jatte in 12inch squares starting 10 am and finishing at 3 pm.

the mayor and his deputy came and stayed most of the afternoon chatting and hopefully being impressed.

the picture is up now at the Linskill centre if anyone wants to see it.


I'm putting up some new paintings, a drawing and a couple of photo's at North Shields library this morning (mon), exhibition lasts 2 weeks.





4 comments:

Ian Dyer said...

I'll take a good look at your "Grande Projet" next time I'm at Linskill. It looks fascinating.

Paul said...

Dave it was a pleasure to be involved in such a rewarding event. It created a great sense of community and achievement and everyone involved should be very proud.

Regards Paul Hull.

Tania said...

Dave it looks fantastic. I have to go to Linskill and have a proper look...
Tania

Kathy said...

My photos look a treat - don't they Dave? We had a wonderful day and we cannot wait to do the next one. The mayor WAS impressed... he told me so.... You did a great job and full credit goes to you Dave....