Saturday 10 November 2007

already did this posting but in wrong blog! I have another which I intended to put more photos but accidentally put this one on so being unable to work out how to transfer it must rewrite!!!!!
went to Alice Cooper concert last night, support act Motorhead; dire? :haven't been in so much pain since a visit to the dentist! Alice was good, all the classics, although sound wasn't brilliant, perhaps my ears were still knackered from Motorhead. At the interval I went to the big foyer place to stretch my legs and get some refreshment and noticed a few people looking at me, then realised that in my beige woolly jumper I kind of stood out in the crowd of black clad others. I figured if anyone asked I would say I was dyslexic and thought I'd bought a ticket for Val Doonigan. here's me as Alice (Alice?who the heck is Alice?-actually saw a big ad form Roy (Chubby) Brown on the way back from Newcastle today.) Is there anything so well designed to make one look a twit more than a cycling helmet? I ask you. Went out this morning in the rain on my bike to St Mary's Island and got very wet.But felt slightly heroic, although I was tempted to ask some joggers if I was going the right way to the meeting of the total idiot club.
This might possibly be my worst ever painting! then again sad to say I've probably done even worse. What was I thinking (don't paint while hungry?)

now on the aforementioned bike ride something made me think about how in the comics of yore, there wasn't only superman, but supergirl (who developed, naturally, into superwoman), superhorse, superdog, cat and even monkey; I can't rememeber any superbudgie, but my memory isn't what it was (what was it?)
Anyway I was thinking, it is bad enough to get plopped on by a flying pigeon, but if superhorse was flying overhead!!!!!

4 comments:

Dave Middleton said...

Knew I'd seen you somewhere else - Brian in New Tricks???

Diana Marshall said...

I just found your blog through your tip on creating an un-muddy yellow shadow, much apreciated
thanks!
from another non-artist trying to paint.
P.S.
I love your self effacing humour I had to laugh out loud, nothing like British humour.

Diana Marshall said...

I hope your group exhibition went well, thanks for the comment about my painting although I think my perspective was off with the bowl did you notice the touch of purple on the left yoke! I am sure you don't paint as badly as you think you do or are you being modest?

Diana Marshall said...

So you made big money at your exhibition! I am putting some of mine in a week long group exhibition soon, it will be interesting to see if I sell any, as they are piling up around here. I wish I could flog my paintings like Carol Marine does at $100 a pop and she seems to sell almost every one of them. I guess you have to make a name for yourself or be very talented or live in the US or all three mmmm well I'll just have to keep plugging away.
We watch British telly here via a great big dish (spanish telly is ....) and no don't miss the fog just decent art supply shops.