Thursday 31 December 2009

I feel a bah humbug moment coming on, with me it's new year rather than Christmas, I pretty much hate new year it seems a very empty kind of tradition to me, just a few days after people have got all sentimental about baby Jesus they want to get drunk and sleep with people they neither know nor like, cynical: moi?? anyway I was pondering this as you do and remembered reading in a recent book a book I read recently that is, that some ancient culture's clever people used to debate all important philosophical questions twice, once sober; once drunk, I suppose some cultures considered inebriation to be getting onto a higher plane of experience, a spiritual plane or something but people now it seems don't believe that they just want to feel different to their normal experience so the question so why are people unhappily sober?? is life so empty that we ... actually I'm boring myself..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
anyway, I like Allendale in the snow







4 comments:

Alan Short said...

Hi Dave great photos have you considered exhibiting a selection of these wonderful images when you do your painting exhibitions ?

dave said...

occasionally but then again.... you ok?

Alan Short said...

im fine Dave , how you doing are you enjoying all this snow ???

dave said...

I can't believe this was me writing, shut up Dave........