Thursday 31 December 2009



had a really great day, one of the best of the year, in Allendale in deep snow on the hills; sun and fresh clean snow, only animal and bird footprints and mine. on the other hand I'm reading a scholarly book given by a friend with dictionary by my side, ( I have the dictionary by my side, not my friend and a dictionary by my side- just to be clear)already had too look up heuristic, solipsistic, aestival and cy.. what was it? cynosural, and another: what woz it??? yes: sidereal, not to mention quotes in Latin and Greek sans translation! I'm going to have to take it slowly..........



2 comments:

Diana Marshall said...

brilliant photos you have captured, how magical the transformation of a landscape with a blanket of snow, I guess it is the blinding whiteness reflecting the sunlight that does it too. Beautiful.

dave said...

thanks Diana