Wednesday 13 February 2008

Something that has bothered my brain on and off for a while is: why do people have ugly dogs? If you have an ugly kid well that perhaps can't be helped (although perhaps you owe your spouse an apology for sullying the gene pool) but where there is choice ans I am no dog lover but there are it has to be admitted some handsome creatures in the canine mold, but you see these people waling around with what look like canine trolls, short stubby legs faces like demonic toads and you can't help but wonder!

Anyway lovely mist at the weekend artists love mist I should know I am one! and I love mist at least now and then, not everyday and all the time. down by the river almost nothing visible but a gentle sun through the fog and a little light and ripples on the water. tried to paint it. Here it is. this is a very quick watercolour of a subject for somestrange reason always attracts me: the shadow of a tree on a building. This is the library in Whitley Bay.
ps indignant ugly dog owners(that could be read in more than one way) kindly address all hate mail to an address other than mine, thank you!

2 comments:

laura said...

I've been told (I'm child-free myself) that if one has an ugly child, one will never know it. Perhaps it's the same with dogs?
Anyway, love the shadow--that is an always-alluring subject, as is, I think, the dappled shadows a fully leaved tree casts!

dave said...

thanks Laura!!