Tuesday 28 October 2008

I went up a mountain and then fell over

two people who did not at least in my sight fall over.
a very rubbish painting, now dead.




YESTERDAY i WENT TO THE lakes and up a mountain, when I reached the top I fell over, fortunately not over the mountain just over, stepped on a stone which tipped quite effectively and I fell over did a kind of clumsy roll into very wet turf so a soft wet landing.



It reminded me a little of a painting by Michael Andrews called the man who suddenly fell over in fact that painting didn't mean as much to me til I fell over then suddenly it had more resonance as artists are prone to say.http://www.tate.org.uk/servlet/ViewWork?cgroupid=999999961&workid=514&searchid=8910 this should give you a look


here is a painting at an early stage which I have since painted over as it was rubbish.

nothing as depressing as painting a rubbish painting, actually there are thousand more depressing things but where would we be without a little hyperbole (whatever that is)?



2 comments:

Diana Marshall said...

Hi Dave,
You call that a rubbish painting, you must be mad!!!!******^^^^^^
It looks good to me, and then you painted over it!!!
and the other painting with the bridge looked great in orange and didn't look bad in blue either. They may not look perfect to you but to other people they look pretty good, don't be so self effacing ,you nit!
Diana

Dave Middleton said...

Nice hills, too - which mountain did you conquer?