Wednesday 24 September 2008

sad manikin

here is another in the short series of paintings based on Newcastle bridges, a view I see when on my bike and rounding the last bend. It had a boring blue sky so I brightened it up, not everyone likes the orange but I do. Not quite sure about the reflections- I need to practice. I saw this mainikin standing there looking depressed or perhaps he's in the naughty corner.
while here is a manikin looking art a painting held by its own shadow! surreal or what?

2 comments:

Diana Marshall said...

Love the painting and the orange sky looks great. Talking about spiders I have never seen so many spiders as here in Ireland inside and out big uns as well yuk!
I have renamed my blog and have a new web address www.paintingthedayaway.blogspot.com
I too think that I am talking to myself so stop by sometime and leave a comment pleeeese!!!

dave said...

can't seem to open it can you email me with a link?